A newsLETTER blog about life for Sarah, Stephen and Alexandria Padre in Our Nation's Capital

Jun 30, 2009

NYC for the weekend

Friday night we took Amtrak to NYC for the weekend. I hadn't ridden on Amtrak before and was pleased that it was close to European train travel. We didn't get seats together right away and had to wait until one of our seat mates departed before we could sit together. Lexi was pretty by the train ride as well. She kept popping up to look over the seat or around it; played with the tray table and enjoyed looking out the window. You pass through Maryland, Philadelphia, Delaware and New Jersey to get to NYC from here. The train going arrived on time though the train coming home was about 10 minutes late.

The reason for the visit was to see Stephen's brother and partner who live there as well as Stephen's parents who flew in for a long weekend. I figured out that I hadn't been to NYC since our engagement in late 2001. This was Lexi's first trip there but I doubt she will remember much. We spent most of the time playing in the park and hanging out with the family. Stephen and I also went and saw a movie (which I thought was expensive for 1PM) while the others watched Lexi. It was a really nice weekend.

About noon on Friday, I received a telephone call from the car dealership that we were dealing with that the car we had wanted had arrived - it came about 1.5 weeks earlier than expected. After several telephone calls, we decided that we just couldn't go in then to complete the paperwork. If they sold it over the weekend, we would just have to keep waiting. But Monday morning, the dealership called again and the car was still there. So after work we headed out to the suburbs and completed the transaction. I had never purchased a brand new car before - I was surprised at how long it took (over 3 hours) and how many pieces of paper there were to deal with. But we finally got it home tired and happy. The car we got was a Toyota Prius. I really wanted a Hybrid and Stephen didn't take too much convincing.

In other news, I had a job interview this morning...I thought it went pretty well. I will let you more if the news is positive.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Glad you got the car so you are done with that decision and all the things involved with that.