A newsLETTER blog about life for Sarah, Stephen and Alexandria Padre in Our Nation's Capital

Aug 31, 2009

Weekend updates

I have been meaning to update on what we have been up to on the weekends but never seem to find the time. Or I am too tired at the end of the day when I do have time and just want to read my book instead. Now let's see what I can recall.

Two Saturdays ago we went down to Mt. Vernon. I had never been there before. It was a nice outing. Lexi seemed to enjoy it as well though she was a little antsy during the house tour. It would have been a wonderful place to leave in Washington's time, I think. They show a movie at the beginning of your visit that really only focuses on Washington as a soldier. Then in the museum part, we looked at wax recreations of Washington through out his life - as well as saw his dentures! Stephen remembers going there on Christmas in 1984 (think I got the year right) and it was 75 degrees out.

We tried to go hear the Air Force Band one Friday night and got there to find that the main band was packing up because it looked like it might rain and only a woodwind quartet was going to play. Well, three songs into it, the sky off to the west was purplish looking so everyone just left.

This Saturday we went to Chesapeake Beach and went to the waterpark there. It was my kind of waterpark - very tame compared to what you find at Wisconsin Dells. Stephen and I had a good time though Lexi didn't think it was much fun. It was also nice to walk along the bay. Sunday, we went to Arlington Cemetery to pay our respects at Ted Kennedy's grave. There was a long line of people there doing the same thing.

In a nutshell, that is what we have been up to. There is probably more to add, but I don't want to go on too long.

No comments: