A newsLETTER blog about life for Sarah, Stephen and Alexandria Padre in Our Nation's Capital

Aug 5, 2009

Some thoughts on my new job

I have now completed 3 days on my new job. I feel a bit like I am orientating myself - not a lot of direction from my boss but I am asking lots of questions of my coworkers. I am learning a lot but that also leads to more questions! It's interesting though.

The people in the office come from a wide variety of backgrounds: everything from Australians to Eastern Europe to Central/South America. So its a wide variety of accents again and some interpretation on my part. And that also makes it harder to remember everyone's name.

The office decor itself is very nice. They have only been in this location for about 6 months. I am not sure if it was newly decorated but it seems like it. It is open plan and so I am in a cube with a window that only really has a view of another part of the building.

There is certainly lots of work to do but I feel as if I am approaching it rather inefficiently at the moment. There are several clean up activities that need to be done and my goal is to get through that by the end of the calendar year.

So far, so good.

No comments: