A newsLETTER blog about life for Sarah, Stephen and Alexandria Padre in Our Nation's Capital

Jul 20, 2009

A Job and the weekend news

I am happy to announce that I have a new job! I start on August 3rd as the Senior Finance Officer for PACT, an international development organization based in DC. Their website is pactworld.org if you want to check it out. I am excited to 1) be done looking for a job, 2) to start something new and 3) to interact with more adults. This job is very similar to the job I did in Geneva and I think has some of the same challenges. Hopefully, the frustrations will be minimal. The office is near to Stephen's so we will be getting off at the same Metro stop.

Lexi and I went back to the day care today that will work best for us in terms of location (and has no waiting list) to get the application material. I will hopefully get her paperwork submitted tomorrow and see if she can go for a couple of half days next week before having to go the full day the first day on my new job. I think she will enjoy being with the other kids.

This weekend, we took a tour of the Capitol Building. This tour was ticketed through the B.U. Alumni Society but we didn't even meet up with any of them. Lexi loved the echoey sounds in the big halls and the rotunda and wanted to keep shouting - not the best tour behavior but we made it through. I had been in it before but couldn't remember what all we had seen. After that, we had lunch at the National Art Gallery and then saw a silent film they were showing. It was 'The Raven', a biography of Edgar Allan Poe and accompanied by a pianst. Lexi made it through about half of the film before she and I went out to a different part of the museum and looked around.

Sunday we went to church at the Rock Creek Parish Church (Episcopal) which is surrounded by a very large cemetary. The church was established in 1712 (think I got that right) and was rather small. After lunch, we hit several open houses. We saw one place we like - it has everything we want. The only thing is that it is not in the first choice neighborhood and we haven't seen much in the preferred neighborhood yet because price was a factor. With my additional income, we can look at some more places there but this might mean losing a chance at the place we saw on Sunday.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Yeah for the job. Hope it meets your positive expectations.